Thursday 17 January 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review


Company Claims

Bourjois’ 1st radiance-boosting fruit therapy foundation for a flawless complexion for up to 16hrs!

Apricot > radiance
Melon > hydration
Apple > antioxidant
Ginger > energy
Its exquisite glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a flawless, yet natural finish. It is supposed to be a long-wear, 16 hour foundation, with fruit extracts, including apricot, melon, apple and ginger that Bourjois claims are really good for your skin.


I'm reviewing the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and I'm in the Shade no 58. 58 is the final shade and perfectly matches my (MAC NC45) skintone. I actually got introduced to the foundation by the Pixiwoo sisters in Youtube(Youtube.com/pixiwoo) who mentioned that the foundation was a dupe for the Chanel Vitalumiere and it gives semi matte finish(which I love). I have dry skin and a semi matte finish is what I basically look in foundations. 

Ingredients:



Packaging: The product comes in a plastic bottle with a pump which is really good, kinda decent packaging. It usually takes two pumps for my entire face and I use Sigma F80 to apply the foundation. 


Coverage: It is a light to medium coverage and I usually prefer medium coverage foundations. So the coverage is something that I'm fine with. 


Texture and Finish: The finish is matte when I wore with a primer, making my dry skin worse. When worn on top of a moisturizer, it gives a semi-matte finish. So if you have dry skin it is better to wear on top of a moisturizer. The finish is what I hate in this foundation as it gave a white cast for my skin tone, making me look unnatural. Another horrible thing is it oxidized on my skin, turned dark after an hour. I have been testing this foundation for more than a month and it has also broken me out. There are people who love this foundation, if you wish to buy this foundation do apply the foundation on your face in the shop, test and then buy.


Lasting Powder: 16 hour ?? I'm not sure as maximum I wore was 8 hours and I felt it lasted for 6 hours. I live in a high temperature place where the temperature can go high to 40c.


PROs of bourjois healthy mix foundation

1. Comes in a pump bottle.


2. Blends well. 


3. The bottle is made of plastic, so it’s apt for carrying.


Cons of bourjois healthy mix foundation


1. Gives a white cast on face.


2. Oxidized on my skin.


3. Was a bit drying.


4. Lasts to 6 hrs only.


Price:

950rs for 30 ml (I bought it from medplusbeauty.com)


Will I recommend: No


Will I repurchase: No way

3 comments:

  1. I have the bio detox one, I loved it at first, but no longer! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ReviewKaPreview oh! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review Jaya... I will stay away from this foundation!

    ReplyDelete